Code of Ethics
Members of MIA+BSI | The Natural Stone Institute, upon acceptance as members in good standing, agree to abide by the following Code of Ethics:
Members of MIA+BSI believe and affirm that:
The fabrication and installation of dimension-cut natural stone should meet MIA+BSI and other natural stone industry standards as articulated in the MIA+BSI Dimension Stone Design Manual and other technical publications, along with courteous and professional customer service. To achieve these goals, we pledge adherence to the following principles and policies:
- Our primary objective is a satisfied and happy customer, be it a homeowner, a building owner, or a design professional.
- We will maintain and conduct business in accordance with fair and honorable standards of competition.
- Honesty, integrity, quality, and professionalism guide our firm's business philosophy.
- High standards of health, safety, and product quality will be incorporated into every installation.
- We shall deal fairly with customers, as well as with our employees, our subcontractors, and our suppliers.
- We encourage research to develop new materials, techniques, tools, and equipment, as well as improved methods of stone fabrication and installation.
- We pledge to assist in the education and product knowledge of our firm's clients and customers (builders, kitchen & bath dealers, architects, designers, and homeowners) before, during, and after installation.
- We shall strive to promote a spirit of cooperation within the industry.
We assume these responsibilities freely and solemnly, mindful that they are continuing conditions to, and part of our obligation as, Members of MIA+BSI | The Natural Stone Insitute.