LEADING THE INDUSTRY
MIA Accreditation for natural stone fabricators and commercial contractors recognizes those companies that meet the industry's highest standards for business activities, product knowledge, reliability, fabrication and installation. MIA accredits companies, not individuals.
To earn MIA Accreditation, a company must complete an intensive, rigorous process that includes documentation of its business and employment practices, letters of recommendation, a written examination and site visits to the facility and completed jobs.
Companies that achieve MIA Accreditation exemplify best practices in these areas:
- Physical facilities and equipment
- Business and trade practices
- Technical knowledge and expertise
- Quality control
- Customer service and education
- Advertising and promotion
- Employee policies including training, discipline and termination
YOUR ASSURANCE OF QUALITY
MIA offers three categories of Accreditation:
- Natural Stone Fabricator (primarily residential interior)
- Commercial A Contractor (heavy commercial)
- Commercial B Contractor (light commercial).
A company may be accredited in more than one category, depending on its business model.
The Accreditation Program continues MIA's more than 70-year history of promoting excellence and accountability in the natural stone industry. For residential or commercial applications, MIA Accreditation signifi es that a natural stone fabricator or contractor:
- is experienced in stone fabrication, installation and maintenance is a solid, reputable business
- operates in a responsible manner in compliance with OSHA standards is dedicated to a quality product, quality installation and total customer satisfaction.
SEARCH FOR THE SEAL
When you are shopping for a natural stone fabricator or commercial contractor, look for the MIA Accreditation seal. It is a meaningful quality indicator because only the finest companies in the industry can meet all of the qualifi cations necessary to achieve MIA Accreditation. The MIA Accreditation seal protects residential and commercial customers from unscrupulous businesses, poor quality product and shoddy workmanship.
When you work with a natural stone fabricator or commercial contractor displaying the Accreditation seal, you can be confi dent that your project will be completed in a professional manner, that questions or concerns will be promptly addressed and that your satisfaction will be the company's priority. The MIA Accreditation seal means peace of mind, from the selection of the slab through fabrication, installation and beyond.
Natural stone fabricators and commercial contractors that are MIA Accredited proudly display the Accreditation seal in their advertisements, showrooms, on company trucks and uniforms.
To find an accredited natural stone fabricator or commercial contractor in your area, click here.
Click Here for Information on Becoming Accredited.