Natural Stone Characteristics
Natural Stone Characteristics:
Protection, Maintenance & Restoration
(1 Credit Hour)
Date: Wednesday, July 27, 2016
Time: 6:00 to 8:00 pm
Speaker: Joseph Salvo, Miracle Sealants Company
Location: Stone Source, 215 Park Ave. South, 7th Floor, New York, NY 10003
This one-hour seminar will give a working knowledge of where natural stone comes from, how it is formed, how it is extracted, and how it is processed. It also teaches techniques for protecting, maintaining, and restoring different types of natural stone in various applications. Knowing the key characteristics of various stone types will help members of the design community properly specify natural stone and the care procedures associated with maintaining its beauty and functionality over time. Learning objectives include:
- Gain a basic understanding of common natural stone types and how their unique characteristics affect their performance in various applications.
- Learn about different ways natural stone is processed and how this affects its performance.
- Learn about different products and techniques used to protect, maintain and restore natural stone.
- AIA Course Number: MIA06, 1.0 HSW/LU
- IDCEC (ASID, IDC, IDEC, and IIDA) Course Number: CEU-101172, Subject Code: 5.3,
- 0.1 HSW CEU
NY Metro Participant: Complimentary MIA Member: $25
Architect or Designer: Complimentary Nonmember: $50
Thank you to our host