MIA is your connection to the world's largest dimension stone market! Access, networking, technical support, promotion, and referrals are among the top reasons to join today.
To connect to the world's largest dimension stone market, MIA helps you stay informed, explore new markets, and showcase your business to other MIA members worldwide.
Become part of MIA's worldwide community with unlimited networking opportunities.
Free copy of the Dimension Stone Design Manual (the U.S. stone industry's single source reference for dimensional stone design and construction specs and details).
Free use of the MIA member logo on your website, business cards, and brochures. Company listing on the MIA website (the most utilized website in the stone industry).
From the MIA's online directory by others wishing to source stone and equipment. The MIA website receives over 1.2 million hits monthly.
MIA member certificate to showcase your membership status.
MIA International Directors
Four (4) of the thirteen (13) MIA board members are from outside the U.S. Meet the board.
Notable International Highlights
- September 2013 - MIA exhibits at Marmomacc in Verona Italy for 10th consecutive year.
- August 2013 - MIA Dimension Stone Design Manual posted to Australian Stonemasonry School's online intranet library.
- June 2013 - MIA launches first "MIA chapter" outside of U.S.
- January 2013 - 2013 MIA President Jonathan Zanger shares his president's message in 12 languages.
- May 2012 - MIA introduces stone industry statistics online (www.marble-institute.com/data).
- November 2011 - MIA accredits first Canadian Company.
- October 2010 - Deutscher Naturwerkstein-Verband e.V, of Germany joins MIA at MARMOMACC 2010.
- May 2010 - CDOS, The Centre for Development of Stones, joins MIA at Coverings 2010.
- February 2010 - MIA attends China Xiamen International Stone Fair.
- October 2009 - MIA's CEU Program, (Continuing Education Unit) is adopted by international member Lundhs AS of Norway, as part of their education program for Architects and Designers.
- January 2009 - Gary Distelhorst, MIA's CEO travels to Vitoria Fair in Brazil to present a Stone Industry State of the Union address.
- October 2008 - Euro-Roc Joins MIA at MARMOMACC 2008.
- October 2008 - Union of Stone & Marble Industry Palestine joins MIA at StonExpo 2008.
- August 2008 - CENTROROCHAS joins MIA. In October 2008, CENTROROCHAS makes a substantial donation to the Truth About Granite (TAG) Fund. The TAG fund helps MIA scientifically refute unsubstantiated claims regarding radon in granite. MIA would go on to raise over $1 Million USD to scientifically study and confirm the safety of granite for use in the home.
- June 2008 - The Australian Stone Advisory Association Approaches MIA to adopt the Dimension Stone Design Manual for use in Australia.
- April 2007 - TUMMER, recognizes MIA for its "Interest, support, contribution, and kind approach to TUMMER."
- December 2006 - TUMMER, the Turkish Marble, Natural Stone & Machinery Manufacturers Association, joins MIA.
- June 2005 - MIA produces its safety training program in Spanish.
- June 2002 - The Stone Federation of Great Britain joins MIA, and the two organizations allow online access to each other's technical documents.
- January 1978 - The first international member company joins MIA.
MIA in the News
March 2015 - MIA member reception (happy hour) scheduled to occur at Coverings on April 15th from 5:30pm to 7:00pm.
December 2014 - MIA to work with AEMA to translate the Dimension Stone Design Manual into Spanish. In discussions with Abirochas (Brasil) for a Portuguese translation.
April 2014 - MIA releases Canadian Stone Safety Manual
"The MIA connects me with some of the most progressive, prestigious and quality-minded organizations worldwide."
—Giovanni D'Angiolo, ITALY
(MIA International Director)