WHO WE ARE
Provide resources and opportunities to recruit, retain, and advance women in the stone industry.
- Expand on existing MIA+BSI educational offerings by developing topics specific to women's needs.
- Increase peer networking opportunities by coordinating venues to connect and learn.
- Develop a system of support and mentorship with other women in the industry.
- Create opportunities for women to serve on key industry committees.
- Recognize emerging & experienced women who excel in the industry.
- Create awareness of opportunities and career paths available to women considering careers in the stone industry.
- Work with the MIA+BSI Board of Directors and other MIA+BSI committees to achieve these goals.
Serve MIA+BSI's vision of being an essential partner in their members’ success.
Connect With Us On
Join The Women in Stone Mailing List
Apply for the Empowerment Scholarship
The Women in Stone Empowerment Scholarship includes an all-expenses paid trip to one of the following industry events in 2018: TISE, Coverings, or MIA+BSI Study Tour. The registration deadline is August 4, 2017.
Nominate a Colleague for the Pioneer Award
The Pioneer Award will recognize an advocate within the stone industry for their role in recruiting, retaining and advancing women. Nominations are due August 11,2017.
Join A Subcommittee
If you would like to join a Women in Stone subcommittee and be eligible to apply for the Steering Committee in the following year, please fill out a Call For Candidates form.
Register for the Women in Stone Mentorship Program
Industry veterans are paired with newcomers, and guided through conversation topics to help them get to know each other and their respective career goals. Registration for the 2017 Virtual Mentorship Program is now closed. Watch for information about the next round in early 2018.
MIA+BSI Study Tour, Indiana - September 10-13, 2017 - TBD
TISE 2018, Las Vegas, NV - January 29, 2018 - February 1, 2018 - TBD
Coverings 2018, Atlanta - May 8 - 11, 2018 - TBD
Order Women in Stone Gear
Choose from Women in Stone Recommended Products or shop the entire inventory of items. Then simply add the Women in Stone logo before you check out and items will be customized and shipped directly to you. Order Now
WINE & STONE
Wine & Stone
You can host a local Wine & Stone event at your facility. Find out how!
"I am inspired by MIA's WIS initiative. It marries all of my passions: helping other women, talking about natural stone, networking, and representing my Walker Zanger family. MIA has been critical to my success in the industry, particularly through the development and tools of the CEU program. So in the words of Sheryl Sandberg, I say it is time to cheer on women who want to sit at the table. What would you do if you weren't afraid?"
Sales Director - A&D, M S International